OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Some of Us are Having Fun

I couldn't put off the fact that my little girls had no fall clothes in their drawers any longer; day after day, they ask me to go down to the storage room and find them some pants. So, today I finally swapped out their summer clothes for fall/winter clothes. As any mother of a large family can tell you, it's a lot of work! It has been far faster this year, thanks to my husband finishing the storage room; at least it's all organized and labeled well. Tori has about five new pairs of glitter jeans for this fall, in black, grey and a few shades of denim; they aren't even that cute, but they were $1.99 at The Children's Place so they are her winter staple! Julia has a bunch of clothes that Tori is constantly trying to claim, but they don't fit anymore!

Julia was really, really tough on Monday and Tuesday after I had left her for the weekend. I guess she feels she's punished me enough for leaving her because she has played nicely today. Here is the game they played for a long time while I sorted clothes (after I told them that if they dug in a rubber-maid container again, I'd ban them from their own room.) Elijah was their baby and they kept him in the bed by feeding him gold-fish crackers. I'm quite sure he was stuffed long before lunch time. I'm also not sure of the condition of the doll bed, but sometimes you just have to get a job done!

Next week I still have the middle boys and middle girls clothes to do. To tell you the truth, the girls are by far the hardest. They tend to have a big mound of clothes that they just can't wear for one petty reason or another. They usually stand there explaining how they have nothing to wear for the fall and I'm pointing at the big pile trying to remain calm. I guess that's why I do youngest to oldest, to work myself up in difficulty. It's nice that the little guys wear whatever I stick in their drawer!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, you are much nicer than I am. Ask my daughters....even the 15 year old. I provide them with clothing & they wear it. Elizabeth really didnt get a choice. I handed her the clothing & she put it in her dresser drawer. She is 11. They can pick from day to day what they will wear, but I get the overall pick. I did make Elizabeth try on the clothes for me & I decided what didnt fit....not her! I still have to do that to some extent with Rachel but she is getting better. & the 3 little ones...well they just wear what ever..they dont care. But again, you are way nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...at least you are organized. That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete