OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, October 29, 2010

A Few Spare Hours

So, yesterday after school and before my soccer and grocery run, I had a few hours with many things competing for my attention. There was definitely many rooms that could stand a good cleaning, there was plenty of laundry awaiting attention and both girls need their hair redone. I decided upon cleaning the mud room, since it was at the level of causing me to sigh deeply every time I walked through. I started packing up the sandals and flip-flops in order to make room for mud and snow boots, when I realized that I would have to repeat all the work when I moved the shelves to paint the room. So, I decided to go ahead and get it painted, after all, I was initially waiting until we got the washer and dryer moved down-stairs and that was months ago.

I chose a nice, neutral, hopefully-hide-the-dirt-a-bit taupe.
So, today, I had a few hours between school and a retirement party tonight, so the boy's bathroom, right off the mud room, got the same green as the kitchen.


Once I paint the master bedroom and bathroom, this winter, I can retire my painting ladder for a few years! I don't mind painting though, it's one of the few things I do that actually stays done for more than a day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you just decided to pick up a paintbrush from nowhere. You're amazing! Great job. The colors look good, too.

    ReplyDelete