OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Simple Pleasures

So, I probably shouldn't have been so optimistic in the blog department for today, because I spent several hours scrubbing both my fridges and freezers clean. I was motivated because there were dead fruit-flies in them and I couldn't stand just wiping them out again. So, the laundry may be to the roof and there are a sampling of all five food groups on the kitchen floor, but the fridges are clean and I can stand to go grocery shopping tomorrow!

This is our bulk fridge - large quantities of milk, eggs and cheese normally reside with the summer melons.
Here's the kitchen fridge, no fruit-flies. As a bonus, I found the lasagna that I made the other night that I forgot about - easy dinner.


Okay, so we'll hope again for more exciting blog material later - I'm working on it, promise.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, don't be too hard on yourself, apologizing for a supposed lack of interesting blog material...fruit flies in the fridge aren't too ordinary, and are in fact fairly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need to do that to both our frigs (one for bulk and one in the kitchen) and clean out and reorganize my big freezer. I also need to figure out how to take inventory of our big freezer and keep it posted somewhere. I'm not too good about getting things rotated out. My daughter just informed me we have sugar ants in the pantry...ugh!!! You have me motivated - tomorrow as it is after 9 pm here now lol

    God's Blessings

    ReplyDelete