OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Discouraged Part Two

When I re-read my yesterday post, I was shocked to realize that I had neglected the tale of James leading the girls into the woods and losing them. It's amazing that something like losing your children in the woods for hours gets buried with the other crises of the week. My concern with my boys is beyond forgetting chores and breaking things at this point, those are annoying but not alarming like the events of the last few weeks. I appreciate the kind responses I've gotten; I think the main point is just to pray. Pray for every one's safety as we live day to day and pray for wisdom for all of us! Sometimes I search so hard for a brilliant plan, that I neglect the obvious - prayer!

On a good note, James and Ben are both loving and caring and I plan on them growing into well-adjusted adults; it's just going to be a lot of work (and prayer) to get there.

Thanks again...

No comments:

Post a Comment