OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, February 8, 2010

I've Had Enough

My fun snow days are maxed; it's just too much work. By the time 10 people deposit a coat, snow-pants, a scarf, two mittens, four socks and some wet boots by the door, it resembles a wet war zone. I end of doing at least two extra loads of laundry a day and griping at several children whose answer is always along the lines of, "I didn't wear those." Who wrote the children code that doesn't ever allow them to pick up something that they didn't leave there? So, while the barn looks beautiful in a coat of snow, I'll take my pathetic grass that lies underneath.


Here's the front of my house once JD plowed the drive-way. Since some of the snow-drifts are as big as the children, they are going to be there for some time.

Here's Tori's snow-ball. Alei wasn't impressed with herself stuck in the background snow of this picture, but I assured her that no one would even notice. :)

Lastly, here's just one of the wet piles of boots that have taken residence by my front door.


Thankfully, our homeschool hasn't taken any snow days, so we'll still get a spring break this year! Oh, there's more snow in Wednesday's forecast....

2 comments:

  1. My dream home would have quite a creative solution for dealing with all the snow gear. I don't know what it would be but it certainly would be needed. Until then we will have snow clothes hanging all over the house over the heat vents.

    I've started looking for knitted gloves as opposed to the nylon waterproof ones that way they dry faster and don't get stinky on the inside. The kids can double up pairs to stay warmer.

    The good thing about snow is that it's slightly cleaner than the spring time outerwear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a beautiful barn and picture!!

    ReplyDelete