OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'll Breathe Tomorrow

This morning came way too early since I went to bed way too late and my little boy didn't sleep too well. When I got up, the only hard thing on my agenda was taking the girls to art class, so I was sure that I could cram a nap in once school was done. While we were preparing for our 10:15 departure, Alyssa was in tears that her neck hurt from sleeping on it wrong. She didn't think she could even stand going to her much loved art class, so I decided to take her to the chiropractor while the other girls were at art. We loaded the van and dropped Alei and Moriah at art. I had a few other things that could stand to get done before our enormous snow storm hit tonight, so I was just going to see how far we could make it. I was only a few miles down the road when a friend called to say that she was having van trouble. She thought there was a chance that she was out of gas since her gas meter wasn't predictable. I came back home and got a gas can; I then went and filled it and delivered it to her. Together we managed to pour about 1/2 of it in her gas tank and the other 1/2 down the side of her van. It still didn't start, so she progressed to calling the husband out of work plan.

Knowing that I was going to run out of time, I stopped by JD's work and dropped off a box that I needed mailed. Elijah was so happy to see him, that he kept him while I journeyed on to the chiropractor. When I unloaded my six children there, I was questioned down by a few ladies in the waiting room. An older lady was concerned that we were all patients and didn't want to wait through our group. Another lady asked if they were all mine. When I replied yes, she asked if they all lived with me. That was a new one, but I assured her that they did.

We left the Chiropractor, picked up Elijah, and headed in the grocery store just to swap the Motrin pills that Gabriel bought for the liquid that he was supposed to buy. I waited through customer returns and was told that they would refund me at the register. I grabbed the correct Motrin, and ketchup which a staple at our house, and got in the longest line I've ever seen at the Food Lion! I guess when there is a possible two feet of snow predicted, people get nervous, and whenever people are nervous, they all run to the grocery store! We waited and waited - Elijah was whining and Julia was on the verge when I reached the cashier who informed me that refunds are only given at line two. I nicely told her that they didn't tell me that at customer service and that I had no intention on waiting through another line; she somehow refunded me anyway.

I then rushed to pick up Moriah, 30 minutes late, and she was just a bit miffed to say the least. It seems that her brother had not adequately given her the message that I may be a bit late and since she is one of the few deprived 12 year old on the planet that doesn't own a cell-phone, she was unable to check on my where-abouts.

We then came home and started school. Now, I'm celebrating the forecast snow by doing lots of laundry and baths in fear of losing power. My husband is driving the 60 mile round trip to Lowes for a cord that will hopefully deliver water from the well, via generator, in the event we lose power. I don't ever remember snow like this in Virginia - Montana, yes, but not Virginia.

If anyone is still reading, I will say that my computer that I down-load pictures onto is dying a slow and painful death. There is hope of pictures once again once the Fed Ex driver delivers my new video card. However, it may be a while with tomorrow's snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment