OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year - 2011

After pictures yesterday, we rung in the New Year here at home. Thanks to the fabulous new drum set that I bought at the thrift store, it was seldom a quiet New Years Eve. (The drum set will be moving to the basement soon - Alei is exceptionally excited considering her room is downstairs!)


Around 10:00, we decided that was enough fun for the little guys, so they all got tucked into bed.


Then it was just me and JD, ...and Gabriel and his friend Darrell, ...and Alei and her friend Amanda ...and Moriah and Alyssa. Since this was our first New Years Eve with no satellite, therefore no dropping ball, we just snacked in the kitchen and cheered the New Year moment based on Alei's cell phone time - cheesy, but effective.

Gabriel requested I purchase a deep fryer before he even came home, because he whips up this delicious, but fattening, "chicken wings" regularly in Durango at Linny's home - (http://www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/.) I wasn't enthusiastic about buying one until I found one for a whopping $2 at the same time I bought those fabulous drums that everyone keeps thanking me for. So, Gabriel was able to make a special batch of his special recipe for the occasion.

Here they are in their spicy form. I'm not even kidding you - I went to bed at 12:05 with a stomach ache, but they were good while they were in my mouth!

Happy January 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment