In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lots of Jay Jays

At our house, the code word for flying is Jay-Jay; thanks to the senile kid's DVD series, Jay-Jay the Jet Plane. (He's a Christian version of Thomas the Train in the sky.) Our week has been filled with Jay-Jays, so far. Aunt Deb came for lunch on Sunday, then went home to pack and left for CA at the crack of dawn on Monday. JD left for HI quite early on Tuesday AND I took Gabriel to the airport early this morning to head back to CO! Thankfully, I didn't have to do the Deb or JD airport run, but I was blessed to rise at 4 a.m. this morning to drive Gabriel into D.C. with the morning commuting traffic. I really can't believe how many people drive that commute every day; I feel like I've been on a weekend trip. Of course, it was longer than necessary due to the fact that I'm seriously "directionally" challenged. I did alright getting to the airport, but parked in the first garage that offered hour parking. What the sign didn't tell me was that garage B and C are hooked on to the airport, but garage A involves a shuttle. Gabriel and I just boarded the shuttle instead of returning to the car. Again, that worked out getting to the airport, but was a bit more complicated when I came out of the airport. After standing in the freezing cold waiting for the shuttle to make its rounds, it took me to terminal A instead of garage A, and I was dumb enough to get off. This error was obviously caused by the fact that the driver barely understood english and I just agreed to what he said because I couldn't even make out the language he spoke, much less the words! After looking around, and analyzing a map, I figured out that I had to board another shuttle bus. After waiting through eight more buses, going to eight other locations, around came my same bus driver. I'm guessing they drive the same route in a circle for eight hours a day, yuck! After greeting him and admitting that I got off at the wrong location, he delivered me to the correct parking garage.

Then I had a little mix up leaving the airport that involved a brief u-turn in the taxi only garage; but after that, I was on the road on the way out of D.C. (If you are thinking I need a GPS, I have one. The problem is that at times it only helps those that can help themselves; in other words, if you are lost in uncharted territory, it doesn't know what to think.)

The fun news is that I followed the GPS directions through D.C. since rush-hour was over and low and behold, it brought me right by Ikea and the outlet mall. I rushed into Children's Place to see if coats were on clearance for next year. Although they were sold out, I got jeans for $1.97 and shirts for $.99! Can't beat a bag of clothes for Tori and Julia for $20.01 - way better than Goodwill. I also tore through Ikea taking measurement of the different shelves and cubes that match my current ones in the school room. I think I'm going to sell my nice wood cabinet in order to acquire a big cube that will utilize the space better.

Off to bake bread and start on that kitchen organization project I mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment