OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Underway Birthday

Today is Tori's 6th birthday. We started the day with her and I heading to the grocery store together to choose her cake supplies. I then took her to pick up her choice of a special lunch - Chinese food.


Upon arrival home, I was distributing the Chinese food when Elijah took off his hat to reveal his butchered hair. I gasped that someone had cut Elijah's hair. It only took a nano-second before we all looked at Julia. Julia very sincerely explained that she asked him and he said it was okay! Elijah calming said, "Dee-Dee (Julia) cut my hair three times!" Sure enough, there is also some trimming in the back. Elijah is asleep right now, but he's going to get the shortest hair cut he's ever had tonight; I will post some before and after pictures. As for the guilty scissors? They are all collected and going to live in a box on top of the school room cube instead of the junk drawer. I'm really just very thankful that Julia didn't cut her own hair, as Elijah's is much more forgiving AND I'm very thankful that she didn't poke him in the eye with the scissors!

I was going to take an organizing break today, but can't since Aunt Deb is coming to spend the night and her new bed in in pieces all over the sun-room. About two weeks ago, I moved the big queen bed that was in there to Moriah's room to allow us to use the room for more than a guest room. About a week later, a friend offered me a twin, so it can be Aunt Deb's guest bed for now and Elijah's bed later. The organizing continues, like it or not.

1 comment:

  1. I need to do some organizing:) It's fun to get things looking nice again....my only wish? That it would stay that way...but then that would mean I have no children! Now there is a perspective! (see my latest blog post~on my blog...you can find it in my profile)
    My kids did the whole hair thing before too:) Fun times:) never a dull moment...looking forward to the pics:):)
    Chinese food~my kids love it too!

    ReplyDelete