OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Swirling Blogs

I have random blogs bouncing around in my mind - it's rather symbolic of how I see my life at the moment. One reader suggested that I post favorite recipes that our family depend on and although I thought it was a great idea, it is yet to make it into blogland. I also have partially written blogs on organization, homeschooling and you guessed it - adoption. All the mental blogs are by-products of how my time has been spent so far in 2011 - jumping from one demand to another and not quite finishing anything yet. I started organizing the kitchen, yet jumped to the school room when we brought home the new Ikea cube. I'm also anxious to paint my bathroom, so we can hang the shelves that I bought at the same time as the cube. Of course, JD is finishing the basement and I have plenty I could be doing down there as well.

In the home school department, I have been hoping to put together a check-list spread-sheet for Moriah and Alyssa to begin logging their own school work, but so far that hasn't made it to the computer. I also would like to review some of the items that different kids are doing in different subjects this year since I've really found some favorites that seem to work with different learning styles.

In the hair category, Tori and Julia need their hair re-done and I've yet to do any significant research on loccing Julia's hair. Every time I finish Julia's hair, I think that I'll figure out if loccing is for us before the next "have to do hair" occasion rolls around. They seem to roll around pretty quickly!

Last but not least, Thursday is Tori's birthday and it's her year to have a party and I haven't planned that event yet. Although I don't do complicated birthdays, they still require some planning and a cake!

Then there's always the need for someone to go to the doctor and/or dentist and animals that need shots. Those things so often take so much more time than it seems they should.

Of course, adoption planning is also quite a time taker. There are so, so many agencies that work in Ethiopia that I have been trying to just narrow it down to who we are interested in working with.

So, bear with me, but I think I'll try to finish up my major kitchen clean-up tomorrow and post a few favorite recipes to go along with it. In the mean-time, here's a picture that I liked but never posted of Tori, Ben and James helping JD. It's so cute how they like to help with projects like this.


(Just be glad I didn't mention the diet and work-outs that Alei and I have started; my arms ache typing!)

1 comment:

  1. yes that aout sums it up for me too:) minus actuallly working out:):):)

    ReplyDelete