OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Alei's 6th Uganda Update

Besides the fact that I spent almost the whole day sleeping again, I had an awesome day. I slept for 31 hrs and only ate some toast, and today I ate some rice and then slept for another 6 hrs at the African hearts home while everyone else worked. No throwing up today, so that's great. And I've been on antibiotics for over 24 hrs, so now I'm not contagious and tomorrow I'll be able to go see Daniella! So the awesome news is that a lady whose been hanging around the baby home decided to commit to getting Daniella better. She's moving into Sanyu so that she can feed Daniella every hour! She'll also be getting up in the night to feed her. I think she said she'd be able to do commit to 3 weeks. I'm so excited! Dwight gave the mamas down there 300,000 shillings to pay someone to do it, and she came and offered not even knowing! God is soo good. She'll finally be able to get healthy enough to look into surgeries and treatments for her condition!


Another thing that you'll be happy to know, Mom, is that while I was sleeping at the African hearts home, two little boys came in and woke me up. I played with them for a while, and only later found out they are the two boys from the slums! The little one, who I call John because I can't understand his real name, is the one who got trampled, and now he's totally fine and healthy! A girl from The Ugandan water project who has been living here for a few months brought them in last week. I thought they were maybe both around 2 years old, and turns out one is 3 and one is 5. But they're both doing great, and they play together so well.

So I'm turning in for the night, tomorrow is the 2nd day of VBS and I'm looking forward to actually being there. Night! Alei

(there is a blog post about the two little boys at www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/2011/05/who-cares.html  if anyone is interested in hearing the little boys story.)

If you are tired of picture less posts, here's a few shots of Moriah and Julia.


Weird, but I think they look alike!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates.

    You're daughters are stunning together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are BEAUTIFUL!!! Look at those eyes- one pair light as blue ice, the other pair as dark as the darkest chocolate. Lovely ladies! and, thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete