OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Caught Red Handed

Last weekend I woke up to four tomato plants that were completely eaten off. While I assumed it was a deer, I didn't do anything right away. The very next morning I woke up to the rest of my tomato plants each eaten down about a foot. That time we put up a few wooden stakes with flapping aluminum foil to scare any future deer away.



This morning as I walked by the back window, this is the sight I saw. Now mind you, it was after 9:00 and about five kids were already outside riding bikes and making noise. The deer didn't seemed even remotely concerned about the noise.


I watched the deer while she licked her lips and started to sink her teeth into my squash, then I went running for the front door. I'm definitely going to hang more aluminum foil strips, but I'm not feeling confident that it is going to be enough!
                        

On top of deer. I'm battling squash bugs, nasty green worms on the cabbage and a bad case of cedar rust on my apple trees. I would have enjoyed gardening in the Garden of Eden more.

No comments:

Post a Comment