OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Moving On

Since JD was out of town, I spent last night thoroughly cleaning out the kitchen cabinets. I also got rid of the items I don't really use to make room for the new items that were sitting on the counter homeless. While there are other areas of the house that were in worse shape, the kitchen is our center gathering place and it's so nice to open tidy cabinets instead of things falling out when you open them. 

                (half eaten apple courtesy of Elijah - he put it there to "save" it.)

I am amazed by those people that have completely clear kitchen counters; I think that would be so nice since I wipe them down at least three times a day. I really tried to not keep anything out that wasn't used several times a day and there is still plenty sitting out. I need to embrace the "lived in" look that describes our home so well. 

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! I think I have seen that half eaten apple at my house! Haha! Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete