OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend

I haven't blogged all weekend, but neither have I done any laundry, any cleaning or any shopping. Other than throwing some spinach in the juicer, I have done mounds of adoption paper work! I am serious - mounds and mounds! Last Thursday, I had not started our dossier (the huge pile of paperwork for Ethiopia) and was preparing to get the I600 (Homeland security paperwork) in the mail, when I made a quick call to the adoption agency with a question. What the lady told me on the phone put us in to SUPER rush mode! I hope to be able to share more details this week!! In a little over 72 hours, we have Fed Ex'ed our I600 and scanned and emailed the great majority of the dossier to the adoption agency. We have one more training session online that wouldn't allow me to register over the weekend and one more book to finish. We are also waiting for several notarized letters from things like life insurance policies and original birth and marriage certificates to come in the mail. Other than that, we have pumped out the paperwork. 


In between the paperwork, we've discussed names - that's always fun even though I don't think I'm going to get to use the girl name I really want. I'm just too outnumbered (even Elijah has sided with everyone else.) It's OK, I always keep a few names in reserve.



No comments:

Post a Comment