OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Stuff and Things

The kids in our area are off school today for Martin Luther King Day, but I decided we needed to work to make up for the unplanned days I was away from home last week. I have felt fine since my ER trip, but I have a dozy of a bruise on my arm from the nurse attempting to put an IV in. It's rather shocking that she graduated from nursing school with her technique that resulted in no IV, a huge bruise and blood all over the floor. She told me that occasionally her rooms look like an ax murder scene! I didn't complain though, because she brought me a sandwich in the afternoon after I hadn't eaten all day. 


JD and I attended his work Holiday party this last weekend; it's really nice that they always do it after the Christmas party rush. We stopped for a quick photo and Elijah ran in to show off his tie. 


We also had a family over last night that wanted to discuss adoption options. That is literally one of our favorite things to do and the kids had a great time playing. 


So, I'm planning a nice boring (not that I'm sure that word ever accurately describes our life) week that is caring for the kids, doing Julia's hair  - 



Schooling - 

And playing - 

I'm also anxious to start my de-cluttering and organizing effort. I am going start working in the kitchen tonight but am really anxious to get downstairs in the unfinished family room. We bought a big leather sectional on Craiglslist yesterday so it'll be fun to make some progress in that room. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, the hair that's done looks great. Thanks for the idea to look on Craigslist. We are making a room downstairs too.

    ReplyDelete