OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Twists and Turns

After spending last week dealing with a virus that swept through the house, this week was supposed to be "heavy school." Yesterday, I spent the afternoon at the college with Gabriel dropping and adding a class due to a mistake I made. We then had to make a trip out to a college bookstore (ours is closed due to earthquake damage) an hour away to swap books.


Today I got up early and went to a weight lifting class. I came home, ate my Greek yogurt and took my vitamins. I was heading for the shower when Gabriel asked if I would make him some eggs. I started cooking eggs and had a sudden and excruciating pain in my chest. I laid on the couch for about 10 minutes before having Moriah call JD at work. I then lasted about another 10 minutes before I asked Gabriel to start driving me to the hospital. The pain so was so bad that I couldn't breathe. After a day at the hospital, they have ruled out a heart attack (I'm way too young for that in my opinion) and I have to do some other testing. I think it has something to do with an infection and the cough that I have had for about a month, but I am going to have to humor the doctors and my husband and do the heart stress workups. (Just what I was hoping for right after finishing the 11 physicals that just went out in this morning's mail!)  


Anyway, the moral of the story is to watch out for juicing and weight lifting. Ok, just kidding, the real lesson for me is to be flexible and not get frustrated when things don't go as planned. 


 I'm still hoping for a good school day tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jenny. You are having quite a time of it.

    Be blessed in the process.

    ReplyDelete